Ajax Fire Company originally opened its doors in 1919 with a group of 15 citizens of the Yorkana area. In 1920 the name was changed to Community Volunteer Fire Company #1 of Yorkana, PA. In 1948 we have documented that the fire company responded to a total of 5 calls for the year. Today the company responds to over 300 calls a year. Our current engine room was built in 1961. In 1965 We held our first Mother's Day dinner and continue this tradition to this day. We utilize our current building for training, fire prevention week, dinners, bingo, an annual Halloween party and an annual community breakfast with Santa. Our fire company serves Windsor Township, Lower Windsor Township and Yorkana Boro. In addition we are emergency back up for other surrounding townships and communities that may need our assistance.